Mi Nei Oliver Martins
- Owner/Director, Choregrapher & Costume Designer of Urahutia Productions established 1998.
- Earned a Tahitian Dance Diploma in 2000 from Louise Kimitete, Professor of the Conservatoire Artistique Territorial of Papeete, Tahiti.
- Former Miss Garden Isle 2004.
- Miss Congeniality & Viewers Choice Award at Miss Hawaii 2004.
- 27 1st place Tahitian Solo Dance Awards from Kaua’i, O’ahu, Maui, Hawai’i, & California.
- Trained in Tahiti with Conservatoire Artistique Territorial, Temaeva, Grand Ballet De Tahiti, Heikura Nui, O Tahiti E, Poerani De Makau, Toa Reva, & Torea Ura Nui.
- Kapaa High School Graduate Class of 1998.
- Kauai Community College 1998-2000, Education in Business Adminstration.
- Jason is the Fire Knife Dancer of Urahutia. He is also a drummer, sound & Lights engineer, creates stage props & is a master of the Hawaiian imu, underground oven. They have 3 children, Waiehu, Waileia, and Waikoa. They have already began following in their parents footsteps, learning to dance and drum.
- Peter & Leiola Olver have always assisted Mi Nei with her Production Company. Leiola first taught Mi Nei how to dance hula as a young child. Mi Nei’s love for the culture and dance grew rapidly as her parents continue to help her pursue herself as a performer & a business owner. Leiola is also the costume designer & Peter is also the lighting engineer.
Sisters & Brothers
- Mi Nei is fifth of 8 children. She has 5 sisters & 3 brothers. Her 3 youngest siblings are the most involved in the Production Company as instructors, premier dancers, & fire knife dancer. Some of her other siblings participate in wardrobe, costume design, décor, and stage props.
Nieces & Nephews
- Peter & Leiola are the proud grandparents of 16 grandchildren. Ranging from the ages of 1-18 years old. Most of Mi Nei’s nieces & nephews are already involved in the culture, performing as dancers, drummers, conch shell blowers, chanters, and fire knife dancers.